Thank you so much for considering me to review your novel. I understand the hours and dedication you have put into your book baby, so please know how honoured I am.
I am currently accepting review requests. Please read my review policy before contacting me to ensure I am the right fit. Where it is obvious the review policy hasn’t been read, requests will be deleted.
Please Note: I am currently NOT ACCEPTING non-fiction. Though I do read it and believe it is important, I am very stuck in what I do and don’t like.
- I have no preference to audience of book. Childrens (I have 3 children between infant and 11), Middle Grade, YA or Adult.
- I do prefer fantasy though I do read a lot of Science Ficton, PNR, Horror, Thriller and Mysteries.
- I don’t really read ‘chick lit’ or contemporary.
- I don’t mind ebooks, but preference will always be given to physical copies.
- My reviews are all me, all of the time. I will always be honest in my reviews.
- I reserve the right to say no to a book. This would usually be because my TBR pile has become dragon hoard big and I need to get it down. Every book should recieve attention and love.
- I will always try and work within your deadlines if you have them and advise me of what they are.
How I rate books
I use the CAWPILE rating system created by G at BookRoast and have been using it since early 2020. For those unfamiliar with the CAWPILE system here’s what it is and how it’s calculated.
Each book I review is compiled of seven reading parameters and scored out of 10:
- Logic/ Relationships and
The score of each aspect is then divided by seven and gives me a number between ONE and TEN that corresponds to a star rating
- 0 – 1 Zero stars
- 1.1 – 2.2 ⭐
- 2.3 – 4.5 ⭐⭐
- 4.6 – 6.9 ⭐⭐⭐
- 7 – 8.9 ⭐⭐⭐⭐
- 9 – 10 ⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐
I find this system gives my reviews a lot more structure and allows for consistency across different genres. However there are times when I feel a particular book is just a little better than the CAWPILE calculates for me. When this is the case I will add a half star.
If you have any questions about this, please don’t hesitate to contact me here. For the lastest (at time of posting) and full video by G herself explaining how it all works and where you can download the spreadsheet, go here.